The 7th ERDA fund raising event was held in Minnesota starting June 28, 2014.
The 7th reunion of ERDA concluded after spectacular two days fundraising event. Thanks to Minnesota’s chapter spectacular event planning and organization, guests were treated to evening Galas, picnic and boat trips. The event raised a gross income of $52,800.00.
Mr. BerhaneMeskel chairman of the Minnesota-ERDA chapter; presented the detailed financial report to the board members on Sept 14 2014. All board members has expressed their appreciation for Minnesota-Chapter members for deducting their time, money and energy to make the event successful.
ERDA Minnesota charter is one of those charters established before a couple of years to be part of the ongoing developmental activities carried out by our organization. Our charter were doing its part by initiating all supporters of ERDA together and convinced them to play their own roles in supporting our organization by contributing their monthly payments.
As it has been done in all other charters, MN charter also get the opportunity to host the 2014 7th reunion. Starting from the time we were informed about the event, everybody were actively engaged in every aspect to make the event very successful. Based on the information that we received, 7th reunion was very remarkable in terms of bringing all supporters together. We also believe that we have done our best to make our guests happy during their stay here.
The purpose of this report is to check the overall financial report, to attest the fairness, accuracy and reliability of the financial data, and figure out if there were any effective controls that are implemented while performing different activities of the event.
The scope of the audit was to check all the money received from donations, raffle, ticket sells and all other means. It also check all the expenses if they are done in accordance to the normal standard practice of the organization.
At the end we will forward our opinions based on our findings. There are some recommendations which we believe each of us could learn from our mistakes and it will help the organization to move forward so as to implement its mission successfully.
ERDA-7th fund raising event in Minnesota
The Enderta Development Association – Minnesota Branch would be honored by your presence at the 7th Annual Fundraising Event on Saturday, June 28th in Saint Paul, MN.
There will be dinner and dancing with music provided by our own renowned singers and musicians:
1. Tsegazeab G
2. Haftom G
3. Berhane K – Keyboardist
4. Siyum Tesfay – Saxophonist
Our event’s theme is i [ካብ ምሕላው ከፍቲ፡ ላብ ትምህርቲ]‘’Kab Mihlaw Kefti, lab Timhrti” – Education is a major driving force for human development and the most effective way to improve the lives of our people (esp. those in the rural area) is through education. With that in mind ERDA is doing its part in helping our region by raising money to build schools in various rural areas in Tigray/Ethiopia.
We also have a cruise party on Sunday, June 29th followed by a closing night party with Tsegazeab and Haftom at a local Ethiopian restaurant. Get your plane ticket if you are flying and reserve your cars if you are driving. The Organizing Committee is ready to host and entertain its guests.
We can’t wait to see you all!
ልምዓት እንደርታ ልምዓት ትግራይ እዩ: ልምዓት ትግራይ ለ ልምዓት ኢትዮጵያ እዩ!!
|Date Of Event||Event Name||Location|
|Saturday, June 28th, 2014Time: 9am-12pM||General Assembly Meeting||
3900 American Blvd W Bloomington, MN 55437
2nd floor Washington Room
|Saturday, June 28th, 2014||Dinner: Ethiopian Traditional Food Attire: Traditional is encouragedAttendees: All Ethiopians from all corners of the WORLD and supporters||
Cretin Derham Hall550 South Albert Street, St. Paul, MN 55116
Parking: There is a huge lot in front of the building and that’s for us!.
|June 28, 20145:00 – 5:30 Organizing Committee Arrive6:45 – 7:30 Guests/Supporters Arrive7:30 – 7:45 Welcoming Remarks7:45 – 8:15 Dinner9:00 –????? Tsegazeab Performs First Song (Ladies ONLY)|
ERDA-6th fund raising event in Las Vegas
ERDA Las Vegas Chapter hosted the 6th reunion in Las Vegas, Nevada on July 17th and 18th with an evening gala, an entertaining picnic and a celebration in Axum Restaurant. The event was well beyond expectations by supporters and members from all over the States and Canada. Las Vegas Chapter was able to raise gross $55,758 as the event came to an end. The Las Vegas Chapter and the Board of Directors would like to thank all guests who attended the event and made the event a success. The Las Vegas Chapter also would like to thank all Las Vegas organizations and individuals who put their time, money and effort to make the event a success. We couldn’t have done it without all your support.
Prior to the evening gala, Board members met to go over ERDA’s progress for the past year. The Board evaluated the progress of the committees they created to facilitate ERDA’s mission. The committees were: Project follow up, Website maintenances/upgrade, fundraising, Chapter/membership committee. What were discuses at the Board meeting was shared to the public in the general assembly on July 17. The President of ERDA, Kassa Tadesse updated the assembly on ERDA’s progress since the 5th reunion. Below are the major accomplishments of ERDA for the past year
• Financial update: After the 5th reunion, we were able to bring in an outside auditor and audit ERDA’s financial records. After the audit was completed, the newly elected Treasures Hailekiros Abera took over responsibilities from the outgoing Treasure Mulugeta Tadele. ERDA then was able to send funds that enable to finalize the 2nd project and start the 3rd project.
• Project Update: Since ERDA’s 5th reunion ERDA was able to complete the 2nd project and in the presence of regional leaders and the general public, Hidmo Elementary School doors opened to the students. ERDA was also able to initiate the third project. In the presence of the President and few other Board members and chapter leader, the third project was broken in on May 23, 2013. We hope to finalize the third project within the next 6 months. The President also updated the assembly that the committees in Ethiopia are scouting for locations for our 4th project. We hope to have completed the 3rd project and initiate the 4th project by our next 7th reunion. After the President updated the assembly, the Treasure also gave financial update. It was recommended by the assembly that it would be ideal if we can have each Chapter’s Treasure give financial update for that chapter. This was well received by the Board and will be implemented in the next reunion. The Treasure will have more communication with each Chapter Treasure to implement this change.
After the topics were summarized and discussed with the public, the general assembly nominated new members to replace the outgoing Board members. The two outgoing Board members who dedicated four years to the organization were
• Kassa Tadesse, who served as the president of ERDA as well as Project Follow-up Committee officer. Under his leadership, ERDA was able to successfully finish two projects and initiate a third project which will finish this year. ERDA’s members grew and everyone was able to stay focused and concentrate on the main goal of the organization. Although Kassa will not be the president, we are fortunate that he will still be an active member of ERDA.
• Isaiah Aynekulu who served as public relations (PR) as well as member of Project Follow-up, and New Chapter Formation Committee. While serving two terms for ERDA, Isaiah was instrumental in obtaining project information on time so the general public can be informed with project updates. He will continue his support as an active member of ERDA. On behalf of all ERDA’s members and supporters, we would like to thank the two outgoing Board members for their hard work and dedication. Below are the lists of Elected Board Members; RE-elected Board Members for a 2nd term
• Manna Hashe Public Relations
• Belay Negusse Assistance Treasurer
• Hagos Wolesi Public Relations
• Zemeda Ainekulu Secretary
• Teklu Mirutse President New Board Members elected
• Hailemariam Aredom Vice-President
• Tilahun Belay Gessesse Public Relations The entire Board Members would like to take this chance to thank all members and supporters of ERDA for the support and dedications to ERDA mission. The missions of all of us are being realized every day. We are making a difference in the lives of our brothers, sisters, and our kids in our country. This is possible because all of us have one goal. Let us all get together again next year to celebrate ERDA’s 7th reunion in Minnesota. On behalf of the Beneficiaries, ERDA Board would like to thank all members and supporters of ERDA! Thank you for all your support and hard work.
~ERDA Board Members
Download Event Archives:-